Looking for some K-beauty inspo? Check out these 7 Korean makeup brands and their iconic products that are taking the beauty world!
As a beauty enthusiast and avid K-beauty fan, I’m excited to share with you my top picks for the best Korean makeup brands and their most popular products.
In my previous post, I also reviewed the best Korean skincare brands, so be sure to check that out for some great recommendations too!
This roundup features both well-known K-beauty brands that you may already be familiar with, as well as some smaller indie companies that are quickly gaining popularity.
These are the brands that I personally use and adore, and I believe they’re perfect for everyone regardless of their skin type or makeup style.
Whether you’re a long-time K-beauty lover or just getting started with Korean makeup, I’ve got you covered.
So, without further ado, let’s dive into my favorite Korean makeup brands and products that you absolutely need to try!
My Top Picks for Best Korean Makeup Products
To start things off, before I share my favorite Korean makeup brands, I want to give you an essential list of my all-time favorite Korean makeup must-haves.
- Etude House Dr. Mascara Fixer ($5 at YesStyle, $6 at Style Korean, $7 at Amazon)
- Clio Sharp So Simple Liner ($6 at YesStyle, $9 at Style Korean, $9 at Amazon)
- Hera Black Cushion ($51 at YesStyle, $50 at Stylevana)
- Missha M Perfect Covering BB Cream ($19 at Missha US, $8 at YesStyle, $7 at Style Korean)
- Peripera Ink Airy Velvet Lip Tint ($9 at YesStyle, $9 Style Korean, $9 at Amazon)
- 3CE Multi Eye Color Palette ($32 at YesStyle, $25 at Amazon)
- rom&nd Better Than Cheek ($7 at YesStyle, $9 at Style Korean, $12 at Jolse)
If you’re planning to shop for K-beauty products soon, I highly recommend checking out the following online stores for the best deals. They offer some of the most competitive prices, and personally, I prefer to shop at these stores every time!
- YesStyle: Click here to get your coupon for 10% off!
- Style Korean: Click here to get your coupon for 5% off!
- Jolse: Click here to get your coupon for $7 off!
To learn more, you can check out my full reviews about the sites here.
The 4 Best Korean Makeup Brands
Here are my all-time favorite Korean makeup brands that I’ve been using and loving for years.
If you’re on the hunt for the best K-Beauty brands out there, this list is sure to give you a great head start.
1. Etude House
Etude House is, without a doubt, one of my absolute favorite K-beauty brands.
I just can’t get enough of their adorable packaging, effective formulas, and affordable prices.
One of the things I love most about Etude House is their expansive range of products, which includes not just makeup but also skincare, haircare, and even self-care items. I always have a blast exploring their fun, eye-catching products.
Having tried and tested numerous Etude House products, I can confidently say that I’ve been blown away by their performance time and time again.
While it’s hard to choose, I have to say that my top favorites include:
- Double Lasting Foundation ($13 at YesStyle, $15 at Style Korean, $12 at Stylevana)
- Dr. Mascara Fixer ($5 at YesStyle, $6 at Style Korean, $7 at Amazon)
- Fixing Tint in Cranberry Plum ($6 at YesStyle, $10 Style Korean, $8 at Amazon)
No matter what you try from Etude House, you can’t go wrong with these amazing products!
2. Clio Cosmetics
Clio Cosmetics has been one of my go-to Korean makeup brands for a long time, and I absolutely love their products.
Everything I’ve tried from Clio has been top-notch, and I’ve never been disappointed with their quality.
What’s great about their products is that they’re not only effective, but also very wearable, making them perfect for everyday use.
I’ve tried many of their products over the years, but here are my top picks that I highly recommend:
- Sharp So Simple Liner ($6 at YesStyle, $9 at Style Korean, $9 at Amazon)
- Kill Cover Founwear Cushion All New ($24 at YesStyle, $25 at Style Korean, $29 at Amazon)
- Pro Eye Shadow Palette ($20 at YesStyle, $25 at Style Korean)
- Kill Lash Superproof Mascara ($12 at YesStyle, $17 at Style Korean, $14 at Amazon)
These are the products that I can’t live without and would definitely repurchase without hesitation. If you’re new to Clio, these picks are a great place to start!
Hera is definitely one of my favorite Korean makeup brands that I can’t help but rave about!
I simply adore their philosophy, which is all about creating a healthy, natural look while taking care of your skin.
What I appreciate the most about Hera is their impressive lineup of base products.
I’ve tried quite a few, and I have to say, their formulas are some of the best I’ve ever used.
A few years ago, I purchased their Black Cushion and Black foundation, and they’re still my absolute favorites to this day.
The color and quality are superb, and the finish is soft and lightweight, yet provides medium to full coverage.
While Hera’s prices may be a bit higher compared to other brands on my list, I cannot stress enough how much I recommend giving them a try.
Trust me, your skin will thank you for it!
- Black Cushion ($51 at YesStyle, $50 at Stylevana)
- Black Foundation ($67 at Amazon)
- Sensual Powder Matte ($27 at YesStyle, $37 at Amazon)
If you’ve read my other posts, you’ll know that I’m a huge fan of Missha’s skincare products.
But did you know that I’ve also been using and loving their makeup products for a long time?
Missha’s M BB cream is my absolute holy grail makeup product. I’ve been using the M BB cream for years and it’s still one of my go-to products.
This product has amazing formulas that work really well on my skin.
Missha is definitely one of my favorite budget beauty brands, and I highly recommend trying out some of their other products, like these ones:
- M Perfect Covering BB Cream ($19 at Missha US, $8 at YesStyle, $7 at Style Korean)
- Cotton Blusher ($4 at YesStyle)
- Modern Shadow Matte ($3 at YesStyle)
The 3 Trending Korean Makeup Brands
Alright, so we’ve covered some of the most recommended Korean makeup brands. Now, let’s talk about some relatively new brands that I personally recommend trying out.
Peripera is a fantastic budget-friendly K-beauty brand that I absolutely adore!
As you may already know, it is under the umbrella of Clio Cosmetics, but it caters to a younger demographic and offers more affordable options.
However, don’t be fooled by the price point, because their products are just as innovative and effective as their parent brand, Clio.
I’ve personally tried many of Peripera’s products, from lip tints to blushes to eyeshadows to mascaras, and I’ve been impressed with all of them.
Their unique ideas and smart formulas have definitely won me over!
If you’re interested in giving Peripera a try, here are my top recommendations for you to check out:
- Ink Airy Velvet Lip Tint ($9 at YesStyle, $9 Style Korean, $9 at Amazon)
- Ink Black Cara ($7 at YesStyle, $9 at Style Korean, $9 at Amazon)
- All Take Mood Palette ($12 at YesStyle, $19 at Style Korean, $21 at Jolse)
- Pure Blushed Sunshine Cheek ($5 at YesStyle, $7 at Style Korean)
I have to say that 3CE is one of the most fashion-forward Korean makeup brands I’ve come across.
Their products are always up-to-the-minute, creative, and distinctive, which makes them a must-try brand for anyone who loves makeup.
One of the first items I tried from 3CE was their velvet lip tints, and I was hooked on them from the get-go.
Since then, I’ve sampled a wide range of 3CE products and have come to appreciate many of their other offerings as well.
While it’s tough to choose just a few favorites, I highly recommend giving these ones a shot:
- Velvet Lip Tint ($12 at YesStyle, $17 at Style Korean, $8 at Stylevana)
- Multi Eye Color Palette ($32 at YesStyle, $25 at Amazon)
- Eye Switch ($11 at YesStyle, $14 at Amazon)
- Mood Recipe Face Blush ($13 at YesStyle, $13 at Stylevana, $17 at Amazon)
These picks are the ones I personally love and always have in my makeup bag!
Finally, I want to mention Rom&nd as one of the best Korean makeup brands.
Although the brand has only been around since 2016, their products have gained huge popularity worldwide in a relatively short time.
Personally, I really admire Rom&nd for their selection of wearable and trendy colors.
I’ve tried many of their products since they launched and have been impressed with the quality of their formulas, range of hues, and even their price points.
If you’re interested in trying out some Rom&nd products, here are my top recommendations:
- Juicy Lasting Tint ($6 at YesStyle, $10 at Style Korean, $10 at Amazon)
- Better Than Cheek ($7 at YesStyle, $9 at Style Korean, $12 at Jolse)
- Better Than Eyes ($13 at YesStyle, $14 at Style Korean, $9 at Stylevana)
Korean Makeup Brands: FAQ
1. Are Korean Makeup Brands Popular?
Yes, Korean makeup brands have become extremely popular worldwide, and there are several reasons for this popularity.
- Innovative Products: Korean makeup brands are known for their innovative and unique products that incorporate new and creative ingredients and technology. They often lead the way in introducing new makeup and skincare trends, such as cushion foundations and gradient lip tints.
- Focus on Skin Care: Many Korean makeup brands place a strong emphasis on skincare and often formulate their makeup products with skincare benefits. This can include ingredients like hyaluronic acid, snail mucin, and bee venom, which can help to improve the health and appearance of the skin.
- High-Quality Products: Korean makeup brands are known for their high-quality products, which are often formulated to be gentle on the skin while providing visible results. They use advanced technology and techniques to create effective and long-lasting makeup.
- Cute and Chic Packaging: Korean makeup brands often have cute and chic packaging that is appealing to consumers. They pay attention to every detail, from the design of the product to the packaging, to make sure that it’s aesthetically pleasing.
- Affordable Prices: Despite their high-quality and innovative products, Korean makeup brands are often priced more affordably than their Western counterparts. This makes them more accessible to a wider range of consumers.
2. Where Can You Buy Korean Makeup Brands?
I mentioned my favorite K-beauty online store earlier, but if you’re looking for more options, you can try checking out others:
- Online Retailers: Online retailers such as Amazon, YesStyle, and Style Korean offer a wide range of Korean makeup brands and products. They often provide detailed product descriptions and customer reviews, making it easy to find the right product for your needs.
- Korean Beauty Stores: Korean beauty stores such as Etude House and Missha have physical locations in some countries, as well as online stores where you can purchase their products. They offer a wide range of Korean makeup brands and products, and their staff are often knowledgeable about the products and can provide recommendations.
- Local Beauty Stores: Some local beauty stores may carry Korean makeup brands and products. It’s always worth checking with your local beauty store to see if they have any Korean brands available.
- Specialty Stores: Specialty stores such as Sephora and Ulta now carry a selection of Korean makeup brands and products. These stores often have knowledgeable staff who can provide recommendations and advice on the products.
And that brings us to the end of our journey through the best Korean makeup brands!
Of course, with so many K-beauty brands out there, it’s hard to narrow it down to just a few favorites.
Personally, I also adore Too Cool For School, eSpoir, Wakemake, Holika Holika, Bbia, and many others.
I hope that my list of favorites has given you some inspiration for your next beauty haul.
Further reading on KbeatuyAddiction.com: Want to learn more about Korean makeup?
For more beauty tips and product reviews, be sure to check these out!
- 19 Best Korean Makeup Products on Amazon for Under $10
- YesStyle Review That’ll Help You Find the Best Korean Makeup Products
- The 6 Best Korean Blushes That Flatter Every Skin Tone
Last Updated on 06/18/2023 by Elle Kim